PTA Advisory Board Meeting
October 15, 2008
Present: Wendy Bircher, Amy Cooper, Jackie Underwood, Kim Noyes, Brittney Norman, Sue Clay, Barbara Christensen, Tom O’Hara
Next Meeting: January 14, 2009 PTA Lab Room #55333
· Previous PTA Advisory Board Meeting Minutes are now available on the PTA Program website: www.sanjuancollege.edu/pta
II. Old Business:
· Continued additions to library to supplement material for licensing exams.
· Review of budgets for online and on-campus programs.
III. New Business:
· Promotion of Ms. Therese Millis to Online Program Director.
· Amy Cooper requested a vote on doing AB Meeting only twice a year, please let us know your views on this.
· Pass rate for Class of 2007/2008 is 93%.
· Online class of 2009 (19) – Three of the students are on a formal plan of action/academic.
· On-Campus Class of 2009 (7) – All are doing well with no concerns.
· Active application for August 2008 for online program = 40; on-campus program = 15
· SJC International Student Policy regarding foreign student states that no foreign student may complete a degree in an A.A. or A.A.S. If they have a Visa, they can take classes at SJC but not complete the A.A. or A.A.S. degree (this includes the Health Sciences)
· Self-Study report is due May 15, 2009
· Annual accreditation report is due December 1, 2008
· On-Site visit will be in July 2009
· Review of advisory board of program policies and procedures and accreditation guidelines in preparation for the self-study.
IV. Policies and Procedures Accepted by the board.
· Re-Applicant and New Mexico Residency Credit Policy
· Evaluation of Students
· Program Admission and Selection Policy
· National Licensing Remediation Policy
· PTA Program Fees
V. Instructors for the spring semester are:
· Wendy Bircher
· Amy Cooper
· Ann Fourr
· Therese Millis
· Todd Thomas
· Jackie Underwood
VI. Upcoming Workshops:
· Stabilization for PTA’s – October 18-19, 2008 – 12 CEU’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the general concepts of the PTA MACS for 6.0 CEU’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the specific skills of the PTA MACS for 4.0 CEU’s
Wendy D Bircher, PT. EdD. 09/30/2008
PTA Program Director Date