PTA PROGRAM ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
September 16, 2009
Present: Wendy Bircher, Don Blackburn, Kim Noyes, Greg McManus, Tom Wiley
Next Meeting: March 10, 2009; PTA Classroom; #55336; 6:00-7:00 pm.
· We are still advertising for records clerk V-last two interviews did not produce a viable candidate
· Pass rate for Class of 2008 is 80% (8 have passed; 2 have not; 1 needs to take it)
· Pass rate for On-campus class of 2009 (7) is 71%; 2 students need to re-take exam
· Online class of 2009 (19) – all students are progressing well and are on full-time clinical rotations
· On-campus class of 2010 – 1/7 students is on a formal plan of action/academic reasons
· Online classes of 2010 – no student is on a formal plan of action/academic reasons
· Response to On-Site Review team report was submitted on September 1, 2009
· Jackie Underwood has completed her Master of Science degree in Clinical Practice Management
· Review of revised course syllabi
of the following policies and procedures
§ Clinical site placement policy
§ Evaluation of students policy
· Discussion regarding curriculum changes in program from six semesters to five semesters per CAPTE requirement; discontinued physics with permission from Curriculum Review committee and the PTA program Advisory Board. Will continue to review additional changes, as needed.
· Power Point Presentation on the general concepts in the PTA MACS for 4.0 CEU’s
· Power Point Presentation on the specific skills in the PTA MACS for 6.0 CEU’s
· Cardiopulmonary Assessment for PTs and PTAs will be October 10-11, 2009 at San Juan College. Course will provide 11 CEUs and will cost $225 before 9-15 and $275 after 9-15.
Wendy Bircher, PT. EdD 9-16-09
On-Campus PTA Program Director Date
Therese Millis, DPT
Online PTA Program Director