When and how can I access my online course?
The first day of general ANGEL access for online students is the first day of instruction of the semester, unless otherwise stated in the course schedule. Some courses will have an optional face to face orientation session scheduled BEFORE the general access dates. Students will have access on the scheduled date of the orientation session.
You can access ANGEL is several ways:
- Using the mySJCportal - log into the portal and click the ANGEL tab located on the upper right hand corner.
- Using the ANGEL Quick Link from the San Juan College homepage.
- Entering the ANGEL URL (https://angel.sanjuancollege.edu) in your browser's address bar.
You will use a campus standard login to access your course in ANGEL. You will follow the same login sequence that has been implemented for student logins. Use the following scheme when accessing BOTH your SJC student network from on-campus and your online course(s) from either on or off-campus.
- j is the first letter of the student’s first name
- r is the first letter of the student’s middle name (leave blank if you do not have a middle name on file with Admissions and Records)
- ewing is the first 12 characters of the student's last name
- 98 are the last two digits of the student's social security number
- 0198 is the last 4 digits of your social security number. This is your default password when your student account is created. San Juan College has a password policy in which you are required to change your password every 180 days and you will use the new password that you have set from that point forward until it expires.
If you experience difficulty logging into the San Juan College network,or ANGEL or need to reset your password, please call the Help Desk at 505-566-3266 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.