BSN Program Application Process
The following must be received by the application deadline.
- Apply to San Juan College if not a SJC student, and complete enrollment process as SJC student.
- Complete all prerequisite courses (26 credit hours) by the end of the semester prior to application deadline.
- Submit current complete San Juan College Nursing BSN Program Application and additional required application documents listed in application packet instructions. Nursing applications can be obtained in the nursing department or on the SJC nursing homepage during the open application period. The nursing application can be submitted in person during business hours or by postal mail at any time and are accepted only during a current open application period.
- Submit official transcripts for all previous course work to the San Juan College Enrollment Services Office (Admissions) for evaluation of course transfer credit. If completing prerequisite course work at a college other than SJC during the application semester, request updated official transcript indicating course completion grade(s). Do not submit official transcripts to the SJC nurisng department.
- Submit additional official school transcripst as listed in the application instructions.
- Complete the ATI TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam and submit score result(s) to the SJC Nursing Department. All applicants are required to have current test scores for the application period. Previous scores may be eligible if the exam was taken in the prior application period but only the two most recent scores between prior and curent periods will be considered for eligibility. Students re-applying to the program are required to retest if test scores are not within the eligible dates or below the minimum scores. The exam can be taken once per test period through the SJC Testing Center. Refer to the appropriate On-Campus or Off-Campus testing instructions as applicable. Topics for this exam include reading, math, science, English and language usuage. Study guides are available in the SJC Bookstore or can be ordered from the ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute) website. Additional preparation resources include practice exams through the ATI website and tutoring assistance in the San Juan College Student Success Center. Review application packet for further detail regarding testing requirements, instructions and scheduling the exam.
- Activate San Juan College email.
BSN Program Selection Requirements
To be eligible for the nursing program selection process, the following program requirements must be completed by the current application deadline:
- Enrolled as a San Juan College student.
- Submitted all official transcripts as listed in application instructions.
- Achieved a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the semester prior to application deadline.
- Taken the ATI TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills V) exam and obtained the minimum eligible Adjusted Individual Total Score. Only official testing transcript score results will be used for selection point calculation. Refer to current application instructions regarding eligible testing dates and minimum score.
- Submitted a current complete San Juan College BSN nursing program application with additional required documents to the SJC Nursing Department. Applications received in the nursing department after the application deadline will not be eligible for the selection process.
- Completed all BSN prerequisite courses (26 credit hours).
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the following BSN 26 credit hour prerequisite courses. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the semester prior to application deadline. All prerequisite courses require a minimum grade of 'C'.
||Prerequisite Course Requirements
||Introductory Biology I
||Introductory Chemistry or higher
||Intermediate Algebra OR
||Introduction to Psychology
- Level 1 program entry prerequistes (23 credit hours) must be in process for completion.
Step 2: Selection and Acceptance Process
Back to Program Req Main Menu
For more information, please call Department of Nursing at (505) 566-3224.
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.