BSN Program Application Process
The following must be received by the application deadline. Application to the NMNEC San Juan College/University of New Mexico BSN program is a dual application process.
- Apply to San Juan College if not a SJC student, and complete the admission enrollment process as a SJC student.
- Submit official transcripts from all schools attended to the San Juan College Enrollment Services Office (Admissions) for evaluation of course transfer credit. If completing prerequisite course work at a college other than SJC during the application semester, request updated official transcript indicating course completion grade(s). Do not submit official transcripts to the SJC nurisng department.
- Submit additional official school transcript(s) as listed in the current San Juan College Nursing Program BSN application instructions.
- Complete all prerequisite courses (26 credit hours) by the end of the fall or spring semester prior to the current application deadline.
- Submit a current complete San Juan College Nursing BSN Program Application to the San Juan College Nursing Department with additional required application documents listed in the application packet instructions. Nursing applications can be obtained in the nursing department or on the SJC nursing homepage during the open application period. The nursing application can be submitted in person during business hours or by postal mail and are accepted only during a current open application period.
- Apply to the University of New Mexico College of Nursing by submitting a nursing application through the UNM NursingCAS online nursing application system and following the provided UNM NursingCAS specific instructions. The UNM NursingCAS online application is available only during specified application dates as listed in the current BSN program application instruction packet. There is a fee associated with the UNM NursingCAS application process.
- Submit all official school transcripts to the UNM College of Nursing through the UNM NursingCAS per current applicaiton period UNM NursingCAS instructions.
- Apply to the University of New Mexico: www.unm.edu/apply/. There are UNM admission fees.
- Submit all official school transcripts to the University of New Mexico Admissions Department per admission instructions.
- If you are reapplying to the NMNEC SJC/UNM Dual Degree nursing program, a new application and updated transcripts are required to be submitted per current application packet instructions.
- Complete the ATI TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) for Nursing exam and submit score result(s) to the SJC Nursing Department. All applicants are required to have current test scores for the application period. Students re-applying to the program are required to retest if test scores are not within the eligible dates or below the minimum scores. The exam can be taken once per test period through the SJC Testing Center. Off-Campus testing is available through the SJC Testing Center. Refer to the appropriate On-Campus or Off-Campus testing instructions as applicable. Topics for this exam include reading, math, science, English and language usuage. Study guides are available in the SJC Bookstore or can be ordered from the ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute) website. Additional preparation resources include practice exams through the ATI website and tutoring assistance in the San Juan College Student Success Center. Review application packet for further detail regarding testing requirements, eligible scores, testing dates, instructions and scheduling the exam.
- Activate San Juan College student email account.
BSN Program Selection Requirements
To be eligible for the nursing program selection process, the following program requirements must be completed by the current application deadline:
- Enrolled as a San Juan College student.
- Submitted all official school transcripts as listed in the application instructions.
- Achieved a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the fall or spring semester prior to the current application deadline.
- Taken the ATI TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills V) for Nursing exam and obtained the minimum eligible Adjusted Individual Total Score. Only official testing transcript score results will be used for selection point calculation. Refer to current application instructions regarding eligible testing dates and minimum score.
- Submitted a current complete San Juan College BSN nursing program application with additional required documents to the San Juan College Nursing Department. Note: If reapplying for selection, a new application is required. Applications received in the nursing department after the application deadline will not be eligible for the selection process.
- Submitted a University of New Mexico College of Nursing application through the UNM NursingCAS online nursing application system.
- Apply to the University of New Mexico per admission process instructions.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the BSN 26 credit hour prerequisite courses. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the fall or spring semester prior to the current application deadline. All prerequisite courses require a minimum grade of 'C'.
- Completed all BSN prerequisite courses (26 credit hours).
||Prerequisite Course Requirements
||Introductory Biology I
||Intermediate Algebra OR
||Introduction to Psychology
- Level 1 program entry prerequistes (23 credit hours) must be in process for completion. The BSN entry prerequisites are listed on the BSN curiculum page.
Back to Program Req Main Menu
For more information, please call Department of Nursing at (505) 566-3224.
Or send an email to email@example.com.