Carl Bickford — Professor of Engineering and Renewable Energy
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, 1990
- MS Mechanical Engineering (Solar Thermal Design), Colorado State University, Fort. Collins, CO, 1994
Carl has been working at San Juan College for more than 20 years. He coordinates the Engineering transfer program (AS in Engineering) as well as teaching several of the classes. He also started one of the first renewable energy training programs in the country in the fall of 2000 and it ran successfully for 15 yeras. Carl makes all his electricity at home (off the grid) from the Sun and uses some of that energy to build wooden boats. In addition to electrical loads, his shop is heated with solar energy.
- PHYS-121 Introduction to Physics
- PHYS-121L Introduction to Physics - Lab
- RENG-220 PV Theory & System Design
- RENG-252 Passive Solar Design and Analysis
- RENG-260 Solar Thermal Design & Application
Assistant Professor of Physics
For more information, please call Jim Barnes at (505) 566-3379.
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.