Mission and Vision
The mission of the San Juan College Dental Hygiene Program is to improve the quality of life of the citizens it serves by meeting the educational and human needs of the entire community in concert with other community agencies, businesses, industries and other groups.
To assist in the accomplishment of this mission, the Program will:
- Develop exceptional Dental Hygienists who are able to fulfill the multiple roles of the profession through demonstrated competence.
- Promote the health and well being of New Mexico’s and the four-corners region’s diverse population by providing clinical dental care and community service.
- Meet the needs of the local dental professional community through:
- Addressing dental employment needs
- Providing continuing education opportunities
- Serving as a regional dental professional resource
The San Juan College Dental Hygiene Program will be the model of dental hygiene education by:
- Promoting student centered learning
- Utilizing appropriate advanced technology
- Implementing collaborative approaches
- Utilizing data-driven decision making and evidence based dentistry
- Promoting critical-thinking.
Goals which directly support the San Juan College Dental Hygiene Programs Mission and Vision
- The Program will recruit quality student applicants as demonstrated by:
- 100% matriculation rate.
- 100% pass rate on clinical licensure examinations.
- 100% licensure and employment.
- Top 10% in National Board Dental Hygiene examination results.
- The Program will recruit student applicants that reflect the diversity of the community.
- The Program will develop and participate in scholarly activity to advance the dental and dental hygiene profession as demonstrated by Faculty, Student and Staff participation in regional and national dental, dental hygiene, and dental education organizations.
- The Program will provide community service including oral health care, patient education and college and community involvement as demonstrated by:
- Clinical operations.
- Participation in regional health fairs.
- Clinical rotations to IHS, Head Start, Life Care Long Term Care facility, and local schools.
The San Juan College Dental Hygiene Program is committed to developing oral health professionals who become valued members of the dental profession. These are the values and core beliefs that support the Programs philosophy. The San Juan College Dental Hygiene Program believes:
- In an ethical foundation reflecting the values of honesty, integrity, trust, fairness, respect and responsibility.
- That a commitment based on academic integrity and a high standard of individual and institutional ethics shall guide the work of the students, the faculty and the staff.
- In encouraging optimal health and personal development.
- In open communication.
- In appreciation of diversity.
- In collaborative work.
- In encouraging lifelong learning.
- In promoting and encouraging a safe, fulfilling and enjoyable work experience.
- In promoting a positive learning environment.
- In excellence in all academic endeavors.
- In effective stewardship of public resources.
- In promoting professional activity.
- In promoting the highest standards of the dental and dental hygiene profession.
For more information, please call Dental Hygiene at (505) 566-3642.
Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.