Follow uson Facebook
Lead Diesel Mechanic Closing Date: 11/26/14
Company Name: Western Refining
Approx. hrs. / week 40+
Days of week M-F
Salary Range DOE
Position Description and Qualifications
• Leads, plans, trains, and reviews the work of staff responsible for performing a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled technical diagnostic, repair and maintenance work on a variety of automotive, truck, tractors and other light and heavy power-driven equipment; participates in performing the most complex work of the unit including the more complex maintenance assignments as well as administrative support duties.
• Trains assigned employees in maintenance and repair methods, procedures, and techniques; leads, assigns and inspects the work of subordinates and participates in all associated work; verifies work performed for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications; ensures adherence to safe work practices and procedures;
• Assists in the evaluation of employees.
• Operates and maintains a complete set of hand, power, and shop tools and computerized diagnostic and test equipment used in the automotive and truck repair trade.
• Performs general maintenance on Tractors, Trailers and other equipment..
• Prescribes procedures, methods and materials to staff on complex projects as assigned.
• Coordinates equipment maintenance activities with other Western Locations.
• Determines the extent of necessary repairs, scheduling of repairs, and associated cost and material estimates.
• Recommends contract work as necessary; locates and recommends vendors.
• Requisitions or orders replacement parts and supplies.
• Reads and interprets schematics, shop manuals, and other related materials in performing work assignments and to stay abreast of the current technology.
• Accesses technical information from automated databases; enters data into and retrieves prints and generates vehicle, equipment, and work order reports from TMT.
• Maintains work, time, material and equipment maintenance logs and records through TMT.
• Responds to emergency service calls for repairing that has broken down away from the shop.
• Performs vacation and temporary relief as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Send resume to Maryanne.email@example.com