Automotive & Diesel
Student Alert. Please be advised that the jobs on this web page have not been researched and you must use your own discretion when going for an interview or when accepting a job.
We encourage all of our Automotive Technology students and graduates to keep a current resume on file for positions as they become available.
BOSS TRUCK STOPS CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2014
Position Title: Diesel Technicians
Approx. Hrs. / Wk: 40
Days of Week: Various
Salary Range: $10.00 - $18.00
Position Description and Qualifications
Summary: Perform mechanical repairs in a timely and professional manner by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet customers in a prompt, friendly manner.
2. Change oil on trucks and cars.
3. Grease trucks and trailers.
4. Change and repair truck or car tires.
5. Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems on trucks and trailers.
6. Perform light mechanical work on trucks and cars (alternators, belts, starters, bearings, wheel seals, water pumps, exhaust, etc.).
7. Perform brake work on trucks.
8. Perform A/C repairs on trucks and cars.
9. Keep shop clean and uncluttered at all times.
10. Maintenance welding.
11. Ensure all service equipment (jacks, tools, trucks) are in good working order, clean, and properly repaired when needed.
12. Sell tires and parts, ensuring profit margins are maintained and trade guidelines are followed.
13. Make sure all parts, tires, etc., are put away in proper places.
14. Perform service calls.
15. Complete work orders by providing the necessary customer information, labor performed, parts used, and any other information for warranty purposes.
16. Ensure total customer satisfaction and the integrity of Bosselman.
17. Alignment Techs will be trained on all aspects of the alignment equipment.
18. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability.
• Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
• Ethics - Keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable to drive.
ASE, DOT, TIA, and other certifications will be available/required after employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have working knowledge of heavy duty vehicles.
Must be able to be on their feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
Must possess mechanical ability.
Must have an acceptable driving record.
Must furnish own tools to perform work. (See tool list)
Must be able to travel for shop related training.
Must be able to work weekends, holidays, or any shift as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.bosselman.com
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to our location: Jamestown (Jamestown Crossing Ave) or Tucumcari 2023 South Mtn Rd)