Student Alert. Please be advised that the jobs on this web page have not been researched and you must use your own discretion when going for an interview or when accepting a job.
Nursery WorkerClosing Date: 07/22/2014
Company Name: 1st United Methodist Church Approx. hrs. / week 2-6 Days of week Saturday and/or Sunday Salary Range8.50/hr
FOSTER PARENTS CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Approx. Hrs/Wk: Part-time, Approx. 24 hrs a week, seven days a week
Days of Week: Varies
Salary Range: Contract
Position Description and Qualifications
Childhaven is the only dual licensed foster care program in San Juan County, offering both Regular and Treatment Foster Care. Treatment Foster Care offers family based treatment for children with severe emotional disturbances. Regular Foster Care is for children who have been removed from their home for an extended period of time to ensure their safety and well being. Must complete the Foster Care process.
How To Apply:
Apply in person at: Childhaven, Inc., 807 W. Apache, Farmington, NM 87401
Contact Person: Heather M. Slim firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 505-325-5358 Fax: 505-326-3085
RAMAPO FOR CHILDREN CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Position Title: Rama Year
Approx. Hrs/Wk: 40+
Days of Week: Mon - Sun
Salary Range: $15,000 - $16,000 including room, board, benefits
Position Description and Qualifications r
Join Ramapo for Children and work alongside other driven and passionate young adults from across the country. Our RamaYear staff have a wide range of backgrounds and college majors, but all share a desire to engage in meaningful work and make a difference in the world. At Ramapo, you will receive unmatched training, hands-on experience and the chance to impact the lives of children and the adults who work with them. RamaYear staff members find that their own lives change as well, as they learn essential lessons about leadership, relationship building and perseverance.
What You’ll Do
Make a difference and inspire change: impact thousands of children, young adults and educators each year by helping them to realize their full potential.
• Work with 8,000 children, young adults, educators and youth workers who visit campus each year
• Facilitate outdoor adventure-based, community building retreats for groups of youth and adults from urban schools
• Lead icebreakers, teambuilding activities and leadership development exercises
• Manage all outdoor activities: lead hikes, facilitate ropes courses, build campfires, facilitate indoor and outdoor climbing walls, and much more
• Live with and serve as a mentor, role model and job coach to a young adult with learning differences, ADHD and/or autism spectrum disorders
• Create emotionally safe environments for young people, and live and work in an inclusive community
• Be part of a team of dedicated and passionate professionals
What You’ll Gain
Build a foundation for lifelong leadership: get an extraordinary professional experience and essential career and life skills to help you stand out in a competitive job market.
• Develop exceptional team-building, leadership and management skills
• Receive state of the art training in program planning and group management of the kind Ramapo provides to over 10,000 teachers and youth service professionals in NYC
• Gain intensive, hands-on experience with a wide range of populations
• Learn to quickly build relationships with individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs
• Improve your ability to manage projects, solve problems, resolve conflicts and communicate effectively
• Increase your self-confidence and make a positive difference in the lives of children and adults
• Master technical skills for outdoor leadership, such as putting people on belay; leading hikes, paddling tours and other expeditions; building fires and more Who You’ll Work With
Join the Ramapo family: be part of a supportive and tightly knit community of talented and engaged people.
• Join a team of dedicated and compassionate professionals
• Receive guidance and support from highly experienced, accomplished and caring senior staff members
• Live and work alongside fellow RamaYear staff
• Build lifelong friendships and connect with driven, like-minded peers
• Gain access to the network of Ramapo staff and alumni What We Look For
• Recent college graduate
• Ability to live on Ramapo’s campus in Rhinebeck, NY
• Motivation, and an interest in Ramapo’s mission
• Experience in youth development, special education, community development, and/or adventure education is a plus