Follow uson Facebook
Drafter II/III Closing Date: 7/28/14
Company Name: Halker Consulting LLC
Approx. hrs. / week 32-40
Days of week Monday through Friday
Salary Range DOE
Position Description and Qualifications
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS – INTERPERSONAL AND SUPERVISORY:
The following interpersonal and supervisory skills are required in the role of Drafter and Piping Designer at all levels to ensure innovation, collaboration, and team development.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Willingness to work cooperatively in a project team environment that encourages self-initiative
• Willingness to share ideas and hear those of others
• Be accessible to peers and management
• Be open to change
• Work well against deadlines
• Ability to listen and communicate with a client and understand their needs and expectations
• Ability to communicate back to the team, developing long-term strategic business plans for the entire organization
EXPECTED ALIGNMENT TO HALKER OPERATING VALUES:
Halker Consulting is an organization that supports its clients through innovation, collaboration, and flexibility. To foster and sustain the necessary culture that allows for this type of environment, employees are expected to have and continually develop their interpersonal skills of respectful collaboration, knowledge sharing, personal and professional growth as well as aligning to, and supporting the company’s operating values.
EXPECTED ALIGNMENT TO HALKER CULTURE:
Halker Consulting is an employee-centered organization that supports its clients through innovation, collaboration, and agility in the face of industry change. To foster and sustain the necessary culture that allows for this type of environment, employees are expected to have and continually develop their interpersonal skills of respectful collaboration, align with and support the company’s values, and maintain a culture of quality, knowledge sharing, personal and professional growth.
Halker Consulting is a Colorado-based engineering and design firm delivering solutions nationwide, specializing in providing proven, safe, and well-planned Oil and Gas services.
The firm’s offerings include engineered solutions for Oil and Gas facilities, production, gathering, and transmission ranging from wellhead and processing services, piping and compression technologies, water conveyance and treatment, through to complete facilities design.
Halker Consulting cultivates an environment of opportunity and challenge, for self-driven and accountable individuals to stumble, learn, team and succeed - to thrive and win in parallel with the company and in pursuit of their professional goals.
We are only limited by the levels to which we apply ourselves, and our desires to grow, collaborate, and achieve.
Education / Certification/Experience:
• Technical or related degree – Preferred
• Proof of basic computer based design – Preferred
• Follows direction
• Comfortable asking questions to Lead Drafter, or Drafting Manager, and engineers if directed
• Eager to take on new challenges and learn
• Comfortable navigating in a 2D CAD Environment
• Accurate and detailed oriented
• Back checks own work
• Ability to correctly use and implement drafting standards
• Ability to update a drawing from red marks
• Basic understanding of what is being drawn
• Basic understanding of how BFDs, PFDs, and P&IDs fit into the design processes
• Basic understanding of office computer project file structure
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Start BFDs, PFDs, and P&IDs, from a template or go-by
• Create and maintain BFDs, PFDs, and P&IDs, cover sheets
• Accurately pick-up redlines on the first pass (90% accuracy)
• Back-check own work
• Plot drawings (PDF, Single Plot, and Batch Plot)
• Requires close supervision
• Detailed instructions on a given task
• Work checked at various points before completion to ensure quality and accuracy of work
• Reports to Drafting Manager
Direction of Others:
• May collaborate with peers and interns during routine tasks such as collating drawing sets
Halker Consulting, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. Halker Consulting, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, at-will employment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Applicants please send your resume directly to Jean Hadzi, Staffing manager at email@example.com with a brief paragraph in the body of your email introducing yourself