|Approx. hrs. / week 40
Days of week Monday-Friday
Salary Range DOE
Position Description and Qualifications
"Burner Management isn't just something we do, It's all we do."
2405 W. Aztec Blvd, Aztec , NM
Manufacturing Engineering Assistant
Classification Salary, Non-Exempt
Salary Range DOE
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineer
Date 08/13/2015 Manager Approval: ___________________
Engineering assistant will provide primary support to Engineering and Manufacturing Departments. Assistant will be involved in engineering and administration of projects; assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of drawings, product data and samples. This position assists in the communication of this information across all levels of the project team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creating and maintaining engineering/manufacturing documentation including manufacturing manuals and drawings, creating product labels, generating product quality data and other reports as needed.
2. Must have strong manual/ technical skills for product assembly and evaluation.
3. Ability to handle confidential and proprietary company documents and information with discretion and confidentiality.
4. Ability to work independently, meet multiple deadlines, organize time effectively, and set priorities.
5. Good written and verbal skills.
6. Well organized problem solver.
1. Technical Capacity – Must have strong computer skills and demonstrate ability to learn new software.
2. Communication Proficiency – Must be able to respond to calls, e-mails and company correspondence in a professional manner as required. Must be able to communicate, read and write proficiently in English
3. Thoroughness – Must be detail oriented and organized
4. Work Independently – Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and on the manufacturing floor.
In the office environment, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is low.
While performing some duties of this job, on the manufacturing floor, the employee occasionally works near moving parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands for fine motor skills functions; and grasp and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00a.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent.
2. One to two years of experience in manufacturing/engineering environment or;
3. Sufficient combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the position.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous work in a manufacturing environment.
2. Some advanced education in an Engineering or Manufacturing related program.
3. Competent abilities in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, QuickBooks and AutoCAD.
4. Willing to train right candidate.
All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of SureFire Burner Management Systems, LLC not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. Except with respect to sexual orientation, this company further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.
How to Apply
Email to: Debbie Mitchell, HR, email@example.com; or in person: 2405 W. Aztec Blvd., Aztec, NM, Monday-Thursday: 7:00a.m. - 12:00, 1:00p.m. - 5:00 p.m.