Date: May 2, 2014
Department: West Campus
Position / Title: Work Study Position
Positions Available: 1
- Maintain daily log sheets of phone calls and walk-ins
- Under supervision of administrative assistants and Director will answer the telephone, take messages, make photocopies, perform filing & file maintenance, reception duties, receipting payments, faxing documents, complete appropriate forms –transmittals, balance sheet, application packets, add/drop forms, change of student information, etc.
- Check E-mail daily
- Assist administrative assistant in facility requests. Check work room is clean and orderly and all appliances are turned off nightly.
- Assist admin in semester duties, monthly duties, and daily tasks
- Provide lab assistant services. Assist students with placing tickets with Office of Technology Services for technical services.
- Post signs from student activities and campus as needed
- Update the front lobby sign with facility use and room assignments
- Assist admin in preparing mail, postcards, phone calls, and student notifications as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned such as newspaper clippings, bulletin boards, stocking supplies and paper
- Knowledge of college-based computer programs such as Plato, Angel, SJC Portal, college email account.
- Must have great customer service skills and computer skills.
- Must be dependable and responsible; background clearance will be required.
- Must be willing to learn and take directions well in a positive manner.
- Able to work well with others.
- Must adhere to confidentiality policies of FERPA at all times.
Hours / Weekly Schedule: 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Will need flexibility to ensure coverage of West Campus Office hours 8:00 am to 9:00 pm; work with staff to cover all working hours.
Contact: Elaine Benally, Director
Requrements: Must be enrolled in at least six credits during each semester of employment and meet all financial aid eligibility requirements.