Information for Instructors
SJC Testing Center Hours:
Fall/Spring hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm,
with extended hours on Thursday, 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Testing for SJC courses - Online, Hybrid and make-up exams only!
- Admissions Testing for SJC Programs
- Certification and Licensure Testing
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Proctoring Services for distance education classes
- Testing for College Credit
Services NOT Provided:
- Exams for Entire Sections of SJC Courses (except online & hybrid)
- Scoring Services
- Copying Exams
- Correcting Errors on Exams
Information Required From Instructors:
Please share the Rules for Use of the SJC Testing Center with your students. They will be required to abide by these policies. Students should also be familiar with procedures on how to make an appointment for testing (How to Schedule a Test). Postcards for students containing the rules for Use of the SJC Testing Center, as well as scheduling instructions, are available by request.
Rules for use of the SJC Testing Center
The SJC Testing Center fall and spring hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, with extended hours on Thursday, 8:30am - 7:00pm. Test candidates must arrive early enough to complete testing by the time the Testing Center closes.
Schedule your exam at least 48 hours in advance by phone or email.
Bring proper identification that includes a current photograph, your signature, and a permanent address.
PROHIBITED ITEMS may be stored in one of our lockers. Testing candidates may NOT bring the following into the testing room:
Purses, books and backpacks
Cell phones, MP3 players, car key fobs,cameras, or other electronic devices
Food, candy, gum, cough drops or beverages
Hats and hoodies
watches, digital or analog
If examinees wear excessive perfume, cologne, or other strong smelling lotions/sprays, they could be asked to reschedule the exam.
Special accommodations due to a disability or medical condition must be arranged in advance with the Director of Testing and the Students with Disabilities Office. Appropriate documentation will be required.
- Everything you need for the actual test will be provided. You will NOT be allowed to take any materials into the testing room, unless specified by your instructor.
If you are ill or have a fever, please call to reschedule. We do not want to pass along the flu or other contagious illnesses.
Only testing candidates are allowed in our testing rooms or waiting areas.