Information for Instructors
SJC Testing Center Hours:
Fall/Spring hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
There will be limited testing available on Monday for SJC student course testing only.
- Testing for SJC courses - Online, Hybrid and make-up exams only!
- Admissions Testing for SJC Programs
- Certification and Licensure Testing
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Proctoring Services for distance education classes
- Testing for College Credit
Services NOT Provided:
- Exams for Entire Sections of SJC Courses (except online & hybrid)
- Scoring Services
- Copying Exams
- Correcting Errors on Exams
- Administering Separate Course or Instructor Evaluations
- Collecting or Returning Student Papers, Journals, Projects
- Storing or Distributing Practice Exams
Information Required From Instructors:
In order to have the SJC Testing Center administer a make-up or other approved exam, instructors must submit a completed Instructions for Proctored Exams (word format) form.
Sufficient copies for all students taking exams must be provided.
Roster of student names and ID numbers is also required.
Instructors may either bring the exam(s) to the Testing Center or send them in a sealed interoffice mail envelope. We do not accept exams carried by students.
Please share the Rules for Use of the SJC Testing Center with your students. They will be required to abide by these policies. Students should also be familiar with procedures on how to make an appointment for testing.
Rules for use of the SJC Testing Center
- The SJC Testing Center fall and spring hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Test candidates must arrive early enough to complete testing by the time the Testing Center closes.
- Testing candidates MUST schedule appointments by calling the Testing Center at 566-3139. Candidates must show photo I.D. before being given any test. A driver’s license, passport or other government issued photo I.D. are acceptable forms. Many tests require two forms of I.D. Current SJC Student ID's. are acceptable as the primary ID only for SJC student exams, NOT national exams.
- Purses, books and backpacks must be stowed in one of our lockers, along with the items listed below. Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing rooms; this includes MP3 players, car key fobs, radios, headphones and cameras. Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing room.Hats, hoodies and watches are not allowed in the testing room.
- Please be aware that if you smoke or wear excessive perfume, cologne, or other strong smelling lotions/sprays on the day of your test, you could be asked to reschedule your exam.
- If you need special accommodations due to a disability or medical condition, they must be arranged in advance with the Director of Testing and the Students with Disabilities Office. Appropriate documentation will be required.
- Everything you need for the actual test will be provided. You will not be allowed to take any materials into the testing room, unless specified by your instructor.
- You are required to know your username and password (for example: SJC log-in, ATI, Angel, etc.)
- If you are ill, please call to reschedule. We do not want to pass along the flu or other contagious illnesses.
- Only people who are taking a test are allowed in the testing room or waiting areas. The SJC Testing Center staff cannot be responsible for children or adults who require care and supervision.