Click here to take survey

Financial Aid Resources

For additional information on Financial Aid resources and information, please research the following organizations and websites.

To Apply Online for Financial Aid

To electronically submit an electronic financial aid application, the applicant must apply a security code, or Personal Idenification Number (PIN), if a PIN is not already established.  Both the student and parent(s) (if parental information is required on the application) must have a PIN Number.  To apply for a PIN number use the link below.

Apply for a PIN
(U.S. Department of Education e-signature)

To complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) please use the link below.  Be sure to use the PIN number to sign the application.

File the FAFSA on the Web
U. S. Department of Education Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

General Financial Aid Information

For additional information about financial aid please research these important sites: 

Student Aid on the Web
(U.S. Department of Education website)

The Student Guide
(U.S. Department of Education publication)

New Mexico Higher Education Department may provide additional information on state and other sources of assistance.

Mapping Your Future.Org
(college financing website)

National Student Loan Data System
(NSLDS) (U.S. Department of Education loan history database)

Vocational Rehabilitation

If you have a physical or mental impairment which constitutes a significant barrier to you as a student, you may be eligible for assistance. Orientations are available on Tuesdays at 8:30a.m. please contact the New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation for details:
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
2901 Hutton Rd
Farmington, New Mexico 87410
(505) 327-5123

Workforce Investment Act (WIA)

The Workforce Investment Act is a program to assist the community, students, and others who are interested in learning trades and training. To view additional information go to Workforce investment act rules or contact  for requirements of this program.

Tribal Scholarships

Contact your home agency office and ask for the Department of Higher Education of your tribe. Some scholarship applications may be obtained from the Native American Advisor in the Financial Aid Office.
Native American and Tribal Scholarships

On-Line Scholarship Search

FastWeb offers a free on-line scholarship search and has information on various sources of financial aid that may fit your needs. Go to Follow the directions, answer the questions and check your mailbox regularly. offers an online service for scholarship searches at

It is the opinion of the Financial Aid Office that students should refrain, or carefully investigate, any scholarship or financial aid service that charges a fee.  Most searches and financial aid assistance can be obtained free of charge, including using our office.  If you have further questions please contact our office at 505-566-3323.

Employers, Foundations, Civic Groups, etc.

Many corporations, unions, and professional organizations offer scholarships and loan programs for dependents of current or deceased employees. Contact your parents' employers regarding these types of benefits. Many private foundations and civic groups also offer students' assistance because of ability, racial/ethnic background, career plans or geographic location. For more information, contact your local community library or a high school counselor for a list of sources.