For those planning to watch Farmington fireworks over the Fourth of July holiday, San Juan College’s main campus is a favored viewing point. Here is information that may be helpful for those who plan to watch from campus.
- The fireworks will be set off from the hill south of campus and begin about 9:25 p.m., on Wednesday, July 3. Please note that roads will be open both ways before and after they conclude.
- The Farmington Police Department will be patrolling campus, and the Farmington Fire Department will set up a command post.
- Please note the following restrictions for those viewing the fireworks display on the San Juan College campus:
- No alcoholic beverages
- No personal fireworks
- No outside vending
- No barbeque grills or open fires
- No motorized off-road vehicles
- No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. on sidewalks or internal walkways
- No fundraising activities or organizations
- No access to campus buildings
Both the College’s Department of Public Safety and the Farmington Police Department will be enforcing these restrictions. Some roads and entrances will be closed, so pay attention to detour signs and obey officers directing traffic leaving campus after the display concludes.
Because none of the buildings on campus will be open to the public during the display, portable toilets will be provided by the City of Farmington. Also, please respect the grounds and don’t walk on the landscaping.
To view the map of campus that shows areas that are best for viewing, go to www.sanjuancollege.edu.