Company Name: Open Range Engineering Services, PLLC Approx. hrs. / week 40 Days of week 5 Salary Range Position offers competitive pay and benefits.
Field Technician Natural Gas (NG)
Company Name: LTR Approx. hrs. / week 60+ Days of week Salary RangeD.O.E
Field Service Technician
Company Name: Exterran Approx. hrs. / week 40+ Days of week M - F, Some On call Salary Range
Well Servicing Maintenance Technician (Intern and New Graduate opportunities available)
Company Name: Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Approx. hrs. / week 40 Days of week Varies Salary RangeBased upon experience
Production Technician (Intern and New Graduate opportunities available)
Company Name: Occidental Petroleum Corporation (Oxy) Approx. hrs. / week 40 Days of week Varies Salary RangeBased Upon Experience
Position Description and Qualifications Production Technicians are responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities, surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production and operations
Responsibilities within the production technician discipline include, but are not limited to:
- Types of well include flowing, beam pump (with electronic pump-off controller), ESP (electric submersible pump), plunger lift, water injection and water disposal.
- Types of facilities include production tank batteries, flowlines, LACT (lease automatic custody transfer) facilities, water injection plants, natural gas compression, cathodic protection and metering devices (electronic gas measurement and others).
- Employ safe work practices
- Utilize acceptable environmental procedures to maximize earnings while minimizing costs on assigned oil and gas producing properties.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer utilizing a windows environment
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
Equipment Technician (Intern and New Graduate opportunities available)
Company Name: Occidental Petroleum Corporation (Oxy) Approx. hrs. / week 40 Days of week Varies Salary RangeBased upon experience
Position Description and Qualifications Equipment Technicians will be responsible for the Preventive/predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of oilfield surface equipment. This includes knowledge and skills to maintain equipment reliability of various pumps, compression (screw and reciprocating packages), and associated plant/field surface equipment.
Responsibilities within the Equipment Technician discipline include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of surface equipment types and applications related to oil & gas processing
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform root cause failure analysis
- Ability to repair minor mechanical problems on required equipment
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and manage operating cost within budget
- Experience working with high and low speed gas engines
- Capable of basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical equipment.
- Also capable of repairing some equipment, such as actuators & level alarms and of changing out fuses, relays, etc.
- Competent in computer programs applicable to his/her daily work processes (Microsoft programs, Maximo)
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
Understanding of business fundamentals
Demonstrated self starter with the drive and initiative to challenge the status quo
Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record