The Math Center
Appointments are helpful
but not required
The San Juan College Math Center is staffed with trained student and professional tutors. Tutors are available for all math courses. Specific subject and tutor availability is posted within the center. Whether you need help understanding specific problems, mathematical concepts, or how to use your calculator, tutors are ready to help.
We encourage you to come to the Math Center with lots of questions as well as your textbook, notes from class, and any other useful handouts or materials. This way we can better help you get what you need out of the tutoring session.
"Where Smart People go to Get Smarter"
All services offered by the San Juan College Math Tutoring Center are FREE. All you need to use any of them is a current SJC ID. These services include:
- Walk-in Tutoring: No appointment necessary, just find a seat and raise your hand.
- One-on-One Tutoring: If you need some personalized time with a tutor, you may sign up for half-hour appointments. Appointments can be made in person, by phone, or online. To make your appointment, call (505) 566-3694 or click here to make an appointment online. All students are limited to two appointments per week but you are welcome to use the walk-in center as often as you wish.
- Distance Tutoring: If you are not in the city of Farmington and do not have the opportunity to come in to the Tutoring Center we offer math tutoring over the telephone. To make an appointment call (505) 566-3694 or click here to make your appointment online.
- Workshops: The Math Tutoring Center hosts workshops to help with tricky topics such as factoring and graphing calculator usage
- Graphing Calculator Checkout: We have graphing calculators that can be checked out for one semester at a time but supplies are limited so come in early. Common courses that require a graphing calculator are MATH 130, MATH 160, MATH 170, MATH 180, MATH 188, MATH 189, and MATH 251. Courses that do not allow a graphing calculator include MATH 095, MATH 096, MATH 113, MATH 114, and MATH 115.
- Hot Sheets: These are handouts containing useful information on topics ranging from orders of operation to trigonometric identities to power series.
- Manipulatives: If you are a hands-on learner, math manipulatives may help you learn faster through tactile experience.
We are closed whenever the SJC Main campus is closed.
Fall & Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – Noon
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – Noon
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Phone: (505) 566-3694
Office: Room 1611B in the Student Center on Main Campus