Certificate – Medical Insurance Coder/Biller
Students who complete the Certificate in Medical Insurance Coder/Biller will be eligible to take the American Health Information Management Association's (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam.
Medical Insurance Coder/Biller is a selective certificate program. Specific requirements must be met in order to this program. For additional information contact the Health Information Technology Department at 505-566-3597 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of students will be admitted each semester. Acceptance to the college does not constitute nor guarantee admission to the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller program. Taking prerequisite courses for the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller program does not guarantee admission to the program; enrollment is limited.
All courses are offered online only. Students must have access to a computer and the Internet (DSL or cable recommended). Once admitted to the program, all coursework for the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller Certificate program must be completed within 2 years. Students must complete each course in the curriculum with a "C" or better and maintain an overall minimum GPA of 2.75. Courses may be repeated once, for a total of two attempts. All HITP coursework must be current within 5 years at the time of graduation. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the student being dropped from the program.
- All prerequisite courses completed. Must earn a "C" or higher.
- Achieved a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Taken the Accuplacer exam (if applicable) and registered as a SJC student.
- Submitted a completed Medical Insurance Coder/Biller program application. A new application is required if reapplying.
- Complete the online program application.
||To be considered for Fall admission
||To be considered for Spring admission
||To be considered for Summer admission
- The online application must be completed and submitted prior to these deadlines. The application can be found at www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/2206.asp.
- Declare Medical Insurance Coder/Biller as your major (SJC Admissions And Records).
Students who are admitted to the program will be contacted by the HIT Office. Students must meet in person or via telephone or email with a program advisor to develop a Program Plan. The program advisor will also assist students with registration for classes. Students who are not admitted to the program will be sent a letter from the HIT Office. Students may reapply the following semester; however, in order to be reconsidered for admission a new application must be submitted. It is recommended that you speak to the HIT Program Director prior to reapplying.
For more information, please call Deborah Honstad at (505) 566-3597.
Or send us an email at email@example.com.