Assessment Action Plans & Reports
Assessment Action Plan
This plan is meant to be open-ended and flexible to meet the needs of each school. The plan helps show accountability to all stakeholders, including students. This is an opportunity to systematically focus on particular issues within schools, departments, programs, or courses. It is an opportunity for faculty and staff to engage in focused conversations about course and program outcomes and work across course sections, programs, or departments.
- Identify courses and outcomes on which to focus
- Map course outcomes to CSLOs and other relevant objectives
- Decide what kind of data to examine
- Collect assessment data
Reporting helps keep us accountable by carrying out and reflecting on assessment plans. Through documentation we demonstrate how we work to improve student learning. To close the loop, the assessment report asks that modifications, changes, or decisions be made as a result of assessment efforts.
Reporting closes the Assessment Loop:
- Interpret/analyze results of data collection
- Modify, make decisions on how student learning can be improved based on data analysis
- Report assessment via school meetings, assessment forums, and institutional forms to demonstrate what we’ve learned and what we plan to do next