Easy Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Come in or contact the Volunteer Center to discover the wide range of opportunities available in your community.
- Register as a volunteer with the Volunteer Center.
- Visit with the Volunteer Center staff to discuss in detail the opportunities available and how to best use your time and skills.
- Go out and volunteer!
The Volunteer Center maintains a Volunteer Directory of about 100 community service organizations who use volunteers. As part of our mission, we serve as a clearinghouse to match community service organizations with students and community members who wish to volunteer. We feel it is important to help match you with an appropriate organization to make use of your skills and talents.
Remember when volunteering:
- You can utilize the skills you already have or develop new ones.
- You can share your knowledge with others and learn in the process.
- You can get involved in a one-time event or on a continued basis.
- You can work independently or with others.
- There are many opportunities for youth groups, sports teams, service organizations, churches and companies to be involved in volunteerism.
Spring Clean-Up as part of a class volunteer project
Register online with the San Juan College Volunteer Center to become a volunteer in the community.
View the Calendar of upcoming events needing volunteers.
Benefits of Volunteering
||Learn new skills
||Stay actively involved
||Achieve a sense of satisfaction
||Share your talents
||Improve your community
What can I do as a volunteer?
It's up to you! Utilize the skills you already have or develop new ones. Share your knowledge with others and learn in the process. You can get involved in a one-time event or on an on-going basis. You can work independently or with others.
Come in or call and discover the wide range of opportunities available.
How can my agency benefit?
The Volunteer Center serves non-profit agencies with volunteer referrals and assistance with special events, and offers a variety of support services.
Some of the programs we support are:
- The Youth Joining Hands Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Referral Service
- Volunteer Opportunities Directory
- Volunteer Recognition
- Volunteer Connection News Column and Radio Show
- Corporate Volunteer Program
- National Service Day Events
- Volunteer and Non-Profit Management Trainings
How can I get involved?
A Volunteer Center staff member will discuss your interest, talents, and time availability and suggest volunteer opportunities in the community.
You can register online here, and a Volunteer Center staff member will contact you. Or, you can visit the Volunteer Center located in the West Classrom Complex, room 1911.
For more information, contact:
San Juan College