Technology Leadership Conference 2010
On Technology Innovation and Community Collaboration
September 21 - 22 , 2010 — San Juan College Little Theatre
From the Conference • Press Release • Hotel Information • Conference Site
Parking • Who Should Attend • Registration and Fees • Sponsors
Conference Agenda: Day 1 - PowerPoint Presentations Available • Day 2
From the Conference ...
Dr. Carol Spencer, President, San Juan College
"The understanding and use of technology has become a necessity in our lives. Today's professionals need to find opportunities to broaden their vision and find ways to use technology to enhance their worlds."
Top local and national industry professionals will provide an updated look at technology at the 2010 Technology Leadership Conference, Tuesday, September 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday, September 22, from 8:30 to 3 p.m. The annual event is hosted by San Juan College Office of Technology Services.
Adhering to the theme, “Technology Innovation and Community Collaboration,” the conference will feature top industry professionals who will provide an array of informative talks. Those attending will gain a perspective of the current and future technology issues facing education, business, government, and the community at large. A variety of door prizes also will be awarded.
“The conference topics on Tuesday will appeal to a wide audience,” explains Tim Warren, San Juan College vice president for Technology Services. “Topics relate to subjects including: changing tools for changing times in the 21st century classroom; establishing a healthy balance between the real world and virtual world of social networking, the essential skill set for the re-invented CIO, the technology adoption curve, and managing customers’ expectations.”
On Wednesday, Lynn Lane, San Juan College technical trainer will provide participants with three 90-minute training sessions including: Preview of Office 2010, SharePoint Team Collaboration, and Preview of Windows 7.
Space is limited for the free trainings, so those interested should register early by calling Gaylyn Harris at 566-4321, or via e-mail at TLC@sanjuancollege.edu.
Featured speakers will include Jane Nauman, education specialist, Hewlett-Packard Company; Robert L. Wheeler, Enterprise architect, SunGard Higher Education; Dr. Dennis Gendron, vice president for Communications and Technology; Tennessee State University; Steve Kiely, board chairman, Cray, Inc.; and Tim Warren, vice president for Technology Services, San Juan College.
The conference and trainings are free. For further information or to register for the conference, call 505-566-4321, or via e-mail at TLC@sanjuancollege.edu. Include first and last name, professional title, company, telephone number and e-mail address.
Tuesday, September 21
San Juan College, Little Theatre
- 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. Welcome
- 9:00 a.m. [PowerPoint Presentation] Changing Tools for Changing Times: 21st Century Classroom Skills and Challenges; Jane Nauman, Education Solutions Specialist, Hewlett-Packard Company
- 10:15 a.m. Morning Break
- 10:30 a.m. [PowerPoint Presentation] Keeping the Virtual World Real; Robert L. Wheeler, Enterprise Architect, Strategic Services, SunGard Higher Education
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. [PowerPoint Presentation] Strategies to Future-Proof the ITOrganization; Dr. Dennis Gendron, Vice President for Communications and Technology, Tennessee State University
- 2:30 p.m. [PowerPoint Presentation] Technology Tales and Tails; Steve Kiely, Board Chairman, Cray, Inc.
- 3:15 p.m. Afternoon Break
- 3:30 p.m. [PowerPoint Presentation] Managing CustomerExpectations; Tim Warren, Vice President for Technology Services, San Juan College
- 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. Closing, Evaluation, and Door Prizes.
Wednesday, September 22 - Suns Room
- 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. Preview of Office 2010
- 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. SharePoint Team Collaboration
- 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. Preview of Windows 7
Please contact Gaylyn Harris at 566-4321 to reserve a seat.
Day one will be held in the Little Theatre at San Juan College with lunch in the 9000 rooms located in the Henderson Fine Arts Center.
Day two will be held in the Suns Room 1019
The best parking for access to the Little Theatre is available in the paved lot in front of the Educational Services Center, which is located on the west side of campus.
Who should attend
- Educational Institutions (K-12 and Higher Ed.)
- Tribal Leadership
- State and Local Government Agencies
- Business and Industry
- Community Leaders
- IT Professionals and Decision Makers
Registration and Fees
There are no fees for the conference and Registration deadline is Friday, September 17. Contact Gaylyn Harris at 505-566-4321 or email@example.com. Please include registrants' first and last name, as well as company name.
Web Site: http://ots.sanjuancollege.edu/tlc