Proper nutrition and eating well-balanced nutritious meals is vital to living a healthy life. Everyone needs essential nutrients to form muscles, bones, and other tissues. In addition, nutrients provide the energy required by the body on a daily basis for various activities. Below are guidelines on nutrition, eating right, steps to making a lifestyle change, and more.
Eating right and exercising can help many patients undergoing treatments for numerous different diseases (inlcuding cancer) by giving back energy levels, reducing stress, creating better blood flow, etc... The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance
is an outstanding resource for nutritional information.
Eating right and exercising can help many patients undergoing treatments for numerous different diseases (including cancer) by giving back energy levels, reducing stress, creating better blood flow, etc.
Aim For A Healthy Weight
– Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is good for your overall health and will help you prevent and control many diseases and conditions. We know that an increase in weight also increases a person’s risk for heart disease, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, gallbladder disease, gynecologic disorders, arthritis, some types of cancer, and even some lung problems. Maintaining a healthy weight has many benefits, including feeling good about yourself and having more energy to enjoy life.
Finding Your Way To A Healthier You
– Here’s how the food and physical activity choices you make every day affect your health—how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future. The science-based advice of how to:
• Make smart choices from every food group.
• Find your balance between food and physical activity.
• Get the most nutrition out of your calories.
Choosing A Safe And Successful Weight-Loss Program
– Choosing a weight-loss program may be difficult. You may not know what to look for in a weight-loss program or what questions to ask. This fact sheet can help you talk to your healthcare professional about weight loss and get the best information before choosing a program.
Exercise And Weight Control
- Just about everybody seems to be interested in weight control. Some of us weigh just the right amount; others need to gain a few pounds. Most of us "battle the bulge" at some time in our life. Whatever our goals, we should understand and take advantage of the important role of exercise in keeping our weight under control.
– Weight cycling is the repeated loss and regain of body weight. This document addresses how to avoid weight cycling and manage your weight.
– Controlling your weight calls for more than just choosing a healthy variety of foods. It also calls for looking at how much and how oftenyou eat. This document shows you how to use serving sizes to help you eat just enough for you.
- USDA’s new pyramid symbolizes a personalized approach to healthy eating and physical activity.
Weight Loss For Life
– There are many ways to lose weight, but it is not always easy to keep the weight off. The key to successful weight loss is making changes in your eating and physical activity habits that you can keep up for the rest of your life. The information presented here may help put you on the road to healthy habits.
HHPC Wellness Education Home Page