Kindle Circulation Policy
This form must be completed and signed prior to use of the equipment. You are financially responsible for all equipment and pieces thereof that you check out.
When you sign for equipment, you acknowledge that it is fully functioning, undamaged, and that all parts are intact.
We ask that you thoroughly inspect and test the Kindle and point out any problems to the library staff at the time of checkout. If you do no inspect equipment at the time of checkout, you are responsible for all missing or damaged parts upon return.
· Kindle checkout is limited to current SJC staff, faculty and students with a SJC library card.
· Patrons may request a title to be loaded onto a Kindle. There is currently a $50 price cap for Kindle books. You will be notified when the Kindle is ready to be picked up. New titles are not loaded on Kindles at the Circulation Desk. We do not purchase or load textbooks onto Kindles.
· Equipment may be checked out for SEVEN (7) days. Fines will be assessed at a rate of $10 (ten) per day. If the Kindle is overdue more than 3 days it will be declared Lost and you will be responsible for the replacement cost, plus overdue fines. If the Kindle is returned in good condition, the cost for replacement can be waived, but overdue fines will remain.
· Kindles circulate for one week and may not be renewed.
· Anything saved to the Kindle will be deleted when it is returned.
· Do not pile other books or materials on the Kindle- this can damage the screen.
· Do not return a Kindle to the book return/ book drop. Return the Kindle to a Library staff member at the Circulation desk in the same condition it was received. This includes the Kindle, carrying case, and any accompanying materials.
· You are responsible for damage to the Kindle while it is checked out to you, and will be charged a damage fee based on any damage, up to the cost of replacement, incurred while the Kindle is checked out to your account. Also, you will be charged the replacement fee if a Kindle is reported missing or stolen while checked out to you.
Statement of Understanding of Equipment Use Policy
I have read, understand and will comply with all of the Equipment Use Policy. I understand that a copy of this policy remains permanently with the Kindle, so that I can refer to it if need be. I understand that I assume complete financial responsibility for the Kindle checked out to me.
_______________________ ________________________ _____________________ __________________
Printed Name & Signature, Patron ID & Date Checked Out
Request Kindle titles for purchase.