The purpose of the HAZCOM Plan is to ensure that personnel who handle, use or store chemicals in the workplace are knowledgeable of the hazards associated with the chemicals in their workplace and the methods that may be used to reduce the risk of an accident or illness resulting from the use of these chemicals. This information shall be communicated to all personnel by means of:
- A site specific written HAZCOM Plan for each workplace.
- An accurate chemical inventory of all chemicals in each workplace.
- Adherence to chemical labeling requirements.
- Availability of and familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Employee training regarding the General HAZCOM Plan, Department-specific HAZCOM Plans, chemical hazards, protective measures, and emergency procedures.
Director of Environmental Health
4601 College Blvd.
Farmington, NM 87401
(505) 566-3063 or (505) 566-3190