- Collect and maintain health data; verify timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data and data sources for patient care, management, billing reports, registries, and/or databases.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of the patient record as defined by organizational policy and external regulations and standards.
- Adhere to current regulations and established guidelines in the assignment of clinical classifications and codes; resolve discrepancies between coded data and supporting documentation.
- Use established guidelines to ensure accurate healthcare billing and compliance with reimbursement and reporting requirements.
- Abstract and maintain data for indices, databases, and registries; compute and interpret healthcare statistics.
- Abstract and analyze data to facilitate quality management and performance improvement programs.
- Apply current state and federal regulations and established guidelines while responding to the information needs of the various providers and disciplines throughout the continuum of healthcare.
- Adhere to current state and federal regulations and established guidelines to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of personal health information while applying institutional policies and procedures for access and disclosure.
- Apply institutional policies and procedures to the use of technology to facilitate the collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Apply knowledge of database architecture and design to meet departmental and organizational needs.
- Maintain electronic archival and retrieval systems; design and generate reports to facilitate information retrieval.
- Ensure data integrity and validity by using appropriate software and/or hardware; apply departmental and organizational data and information system confidentiality and security policies to protect electronic health information.
- Participate in the planning, design, selection, implementation, integration, testing, evaluation, and support for organization-wide health information systems.
- Apply human resource management and team leadership skills to effectively supervise and lead others.
- Maintain the integrity/viability of financial and physical resources; develop cost-saving and efficient means of achieving work processes and goals.
For more information, please call Deborah Honstad at (505) 566-3597.
Or send us an email at email@example.com.