Upon completion of the ALP, the successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the content area, state approved curriculum and differentiated instruction.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods including appropriate web technology to each content area taught.
- Understand assessment techniques and procedures to effectively measure student learning.
- Provide timely feedback to students to enhance student learning and understanding.
- Understand the principles of human growth, development and learning and apply these principles appropriately in their teaching.
- Manage the educational setting in a manner that promotes positive student behavior, and a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Create an atmosphere conducive to appreciation of diversity, promoting student engagement, intrinsic motivation, and positive self-concept for all students.
- Engage in the practice of self-reflection to identify potential instructional changes to enhance student learning.
- Interact productively with colleagues, parents and the community at large.
- Pass the required New Mexico State Teacher Assessments for Basic Skills, Teacher Competency and Content Endorsement area.
For more information, please call Teacher Education/Alternative Licensure at 505-566-3044.
Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.