Submit a complete application package, which contains:
- San Juan College Application - Available at www.sanjuancollege.edu/forms/sjcapp. (not required if previously enrolled at SJC as a credit student)
- Alternative Licensure Program Application Cover Sheet
- Two Official Transcripts from Bachelors, Masters Degree and/or Doctorate
- Current resume
- Letter which includes: (no more than 3 pages)
- area of interest – elementary or secondary (specify subject area)
- reason for interest in program
- intent of pursuing teaching career
- description of work experience
- involvement in previous professional development
- relationship of prior experience to teaching profession
- If employed by a school district for the coming semester, a statement of employment from your school principal stating position title (ex. 3rd grade teacher), and acknowledgment of participation in the San Juan College alternative licensure program.
- Verification that you have passed the New Mexico State Teacher Assessments for Basic Skills. Register for the NMTA Basic Skills here: http://www.nmta.nesinc.com/
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their completed packet as early as possible, to allow ample time for interviews. The deadline for Fall Semester is July 31st; with a November 15th deadline for Spring Semester.
Make an appointment for an interview. - The interview is an opportunity to ask questions about the program.
Application packets available from:
Alternative Licensure Office
San Juan College - Main Campus, Suite 1628
4601 College Boulevard
Farmington, NM 87402
or send a request by e-mail to email@example.com
or call 505-566-3044
For more information, please call Teacher Education/Alternative Licensure at 505-566-3044.
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.