Promoting Native American Student Achievement in Math and Science
Learning the chemistry of making ice cream
The Ropes Course in action
Team One at the Ropes Course
Fun on the Ropes Course at San Juan College
Get EXTRA Support in Math & Science
Our aim is to prepare students for college level math and science curriculum through quality instruction that values cultural assets, and building supportive communities around education, family, and life vision.
Students will experience a college environment attuned to the diversity of their strengths, challenges, experiences and ways of knowing.
- Summer Programs - We offer two summer programs for students, a two-week Bridge program and a 6-week Launch Academy.
- Support-Rich Math and Science Courses - Our Intervention Specialists work with math and science faculty to provide support-rich sections of selected foundational courses.
- Dual Credit - We are committed to helping students receive Dual Credit through online courses during their regular school day.
We also offer opportunities and services to faculty and staff of San Juan College in order to foster higher aspirations, deeper learning, and greater cultural understanding.
- Cultural Immersion - We offer a 7-day program for participants to become immersed first-hand in our regional Native American cultures.
- Staff Development - Conferences and workshops that support the Launch Program initiatives and program outcomes are offered to SJC faculty and staff.
This program is funded through a U.S. Department of Education TITLE III NASNTI grant of $1.9 million
over 5 years, and 100% grant funded for the first 2 years.
For more information, please call Crystal Etsitty at 505-566-3850.
Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.