Study Room Policy
The Circulation Desk is responsible for scheduling the use of the two library study rooms (Rooms: 6212 & 6214).
Rules and procedures are listed below:
- The study rooms can be checked out for up to three-hours, with no renewal.
- Study Room use is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The person who has checked out the room will need to come to the Circulation/Reserve desk to check out wireless equipment (if needed) and to have the room unlocked. An SJC Library card is needed to check out a library study room.
- Each study room is equipped for no more than six people. Please do not remove chairs from nearby study spaces.
- The person who checks out the study room is responsible for the condition of the room and should return furniture to the original arrangement. Costs to repair any damage to the room will be charged to the person who made the reservation.
- The rooms are not soundproof; users should be sensitive to the need for quiet in order not to disturb other library users.
- When leaving please be sure that the room is locked and equipment is returned to the circulation desk.