- Visit/tour the Quality Center for Business, 5101 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM.
- Interview with Director or Assistant Director of the Enterprise Center
- Review business incubation information and understand the dynamic nature of the incubation process (www.nbia.org, www.sba.gov).
- Have questions answered regarding SJC-Enterprise Center and business incubation.
- Determine whether or not your business would benefit from the business assistance provided by the business incubator. Incubation is best suited for entrepreneurs.
- Submit a written business plan to the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for review. If you need help with your business plan, Larry or Carmen at the SBDC can assist you at no charge. Just call 505-566-3528 for an appointment.
- Request letter verifying your business planning from the SBDC staff.
- Complete application for business incubation (Enterprise Center).
- Provide the executive summary from your business plan as part of the Enterprise Center application.
- Provide letter of reference from your banker or lender.
- Provide letter(s) of reference from customers, suppliers or strategic partners.
- Enterprise Center Staff Review of your Enterprise Center application and Executive Summary.
- Lease Advisory Committee review of Enterprise Center documentation and Enterprise Center staff report.
- Recommendation: approval for incubation, denial of application or ask the Enterprise Center applicant for more information on their application or business plan.
- Sign off on Business Incubation program agreement.
- Continue to work with QCB Team (Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Center, San Juan Economic Development Service, Northwest Council of Governments, etc).
- Participate in SJC-Enterprise Center trainings and programs.
- Implement and revise business and strategic plan on a regular basis.
- Develop business and communication skills.
- Make use of appropriate Enterprise Center business assistance programs.
- Graduate successfully from business incubation program in 3-5 years.
- Give back to the Enterprise Center in terms of ideas, mentoring, involvement.
Judith Castleberry, Interim Director, Enterprise Center
5101 College Boulevard
Farmington NM 87402