San Juan College will now provide all benefit eligible employees and retirees with our own healthcare package through Daniels Insurance Group.
Affordable Care Act
On March 23, 2010 the Affordabe Care Act (ACA) was signed into law. San Juan College wants to ensure that you are informed about changes resulting from this legislation so you can select the best health care choice for you and your family.
At a glance:
* Effective 1/1/2014, everyone MUST have health insurance, throught their employer - throught the "Marketplace" exchange, through Medicare, Medicaid Indian Health Services or Tricare or they will be required to pay a fee.
* As a benefitted employee, you do no need to take additional steps to meet the ACA coverage requirements.
* The ACA does not change your health care benefits or out of pocket costs.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was created to expand access to affordable health care coverage for all Americans, lower costs, and improve quality and care coordination.
Under the ACA, people will:
- have health coverage that meets a "minimum essential coverage" standard;
- have health coverage that is affordable
All of the Healthcare Plans offered by San Juan College meet the standards for minimum essential coverage under the new ACA.
FLSA English With Plans.pdf
FLSA Spanish With Plans.pdf
Health Care Reform Terms To Know.pdf
Healthcare Change Info & FAQ's
2013 Benefits Survey Results