San Juan College will provide all benefit eligible employees and retirees with our own healthcare package.
Welcome employees – as you know, we are changing the medical provider for our healthcare to Cigna. That change will be effective 1/1/16. If you were unable to attend one of the presentations, please click this link to the BENEFIT MEETING PRESENTATION. We will continue with Delta Dental, Vision Service Plan (VSP) and Mutual of Omaha (Basic Term Life, Short and Long Term Disability).
Online Benefit Open Enrollment will be available 24/7 from 10/15/15 through 10/31/15. Even if you waive the college healthcare coverage, you need to go into the Benefit Open Enrollment to waive healthcare. All benefitted employees are provided $50,000 Basic Term Life by San Juan College. You need to verify that your beneficiary information is correct. Please view the 2016 Insurance Rate Sheet-per pay period and 2016 Insurance Rate Sheet-monthly for your percentage of the premium. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-566-3215.
Affordable Care Act
On March 23, 2010 the Affordabe Care Act (ACA) was signed into law. San Juan College wants to ensure that you are informed about changes resulting from this legislation so you can select the best health care choice for you and your family.
At a glance:
* Effective 1/1/2014, everyone MUST have health insurance, throught their employer - through the "Marketplace" exchange, through Medicare, Medicaid Indian Health Services or Tricare or they will be required to pay a fee.
* As a benefitted employee, you do no need to take additional steps to meet the ACA coverage requirements.
* The ACA does not change your health care benefits or out of pocket costs.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was created to expand access to affordable health care coverage for all Americans, lower costs, and improve quality and care coordination.
Under the ACA, people will:
- have health coverage that meets a "minimum essential coverage" standard;
- have health coverage that is affordable
All of the Healthcare Plans offered by San Juan College meet the standards for minimum essential coverage under the new ACA.
FLSA English With Plans.pdf
FLSA Spanish With Plans.pdf
Health Care Reform Terms To Know.pdf
Healthcare Change Info & FAQ's