Center for Teaching Excellence
1st Year Faculty Academy
1st Year Faculty Academy provides new SJC faculty an opportunity to network with colleagues and experience a variety of teaching and learning strategies.Each facilitator uses a collaborative approach to guide participants in developing their own teaching philosophies and creating a collegial environment.
Whether you are new to teaching or are new to teaching at San Juan College, you won’t want to miss this unique learning experience!
The Academy meets three times during each the fall and spring semesters. Each meeting is two hours. The sessions are:
- Welcome to the 1st Year Academy
- Framework for Effective Teaching
- Philosophy of Teaching - Learning from the Learners
- Methodology of Preparing to Teach and Using Writing for Teaching adn Learning
- Motivating Students to Learn
- Ending on a High Note
See our Brochure, Course Guide, and Schedule.
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTX) is located in Room 1624. You will find the CTX in the Student Center above Mary’s Kitchen.