HHPC Policies and Etiquette
- All patrons must abide by San Juan College visitor policies and adhere to the SJC student Code of Conduct
- Please wipe down equipment after use
- No colored sports drinks or food allowed in the FCC (weight room) or gymnasium
- Health and Human Performance Center staff is able to provide instructions for the equipment
- All training must be provided by HHPC trainers
- No denim jeans or shorts with riveted pockets
- Sharing of equipment is expected. Please alternate sets with others or limit time on cardio equipment when people are waiting
- Please do not text and exercise
- Proper use of safety collars is required on all free weight lifts
- DO NOT drop weights or dumbbells, DO NOT lean weights against machines, walls, mirrors, or windows
- Return all weight plates and dumbbells to the appropriate rack
- Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. No sandals or flip flops
- Be respectful to other patrons and staff
- SJC issued ID must be used to enter facility Replacement ID’s will cost $5.00
HHPC staff will address any situation that they deem inappropriate and/or unsafe.
3-4 years of age and under: Access to indoor track ONLY during designated times (Monday-Friday 9:30am-11:30am & 1:00pm-3:00pm; Saturday 6:30am–1:30pm). Children must be in strollers or “kangaroo” style carriers and MUST be with the parent or family member over 18 at all times.
Climbing wall: If your child can fit in the harness they may climb but parent or family member over 18 must be engaged and actively participating with the child at the climbing wall at all times (this age group cannot belay).
Children 5 – 13 years of age: Access to climbing wall (this age group cannot belay), corridor, indoor track, and gymnasium only. Parent or family member over 18 must be engaged and actively participating with the child in the same activity at all times. They DO NOT have access to the Fitness and Conditioning Center, the boxing room or group exercise rooms.
Children 14 – 17 years of age: Child must purchase HHPC Jr. pass that allows access to the entire HHPC Facility. A parent/legal guardian must sign a liability form in person at the HHPC before the child can use any of the HHPC’s facilities. No adult supervision is required. This group can belay other certified climbers after passing belay proficiency test.
Failure to follow these rules could result in loss of membership