San Juan College Transition Center
Transition Classes and Support For Older Students
Transitioning to College and Career
Need to create a new career?
New to the San Juan County area?
Economy affected your job?
Want to advance in your job?
Children grown up and moved out?
Services Offered by the San Juan College Transition Center Include:
- Testing to determine aptitude or interests
- Assistance with academic advising
- Support group
- Career transition class
- Help locate resources both on and off campus to make sure that you succeed with your education and career goals
Because we at the Transition Center understand that college can be challenging and you may need to brush up on your study skills, the Transition Center encompasses services to help you transition successfully to this new chapter in your life.
Create a new life plan with high social impact in a variety of fields.
Are you looking to reignite the passion of your youth with the wisdom of life experience?
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a difference?
Check into the variety of degrees and certificates San Juan College offers such as:
- Early Childhood Education, two-year degree and certificate
- Alternative Teaching Licensure, certificate
- Human Services, degrees in generalist studies, substance abuse studies, criminal justice studies
- Physical Therapist Assistant, two-year degree
- Dental Hygiene, two-year degree
- Nursing, two-year degree
- Respiratory Therapy, two-year degree
- Surgical Technology, two-year degree
- Health Information Technology, two-year degree and certificates
- Accounting, two year degree
- Welding, one-year certificate, two-year certificate and two year degree
- Petroleum Technology Lease Operator, two-year degree and certificate
One of the best ways to be successful in your college experience is to share the journey with others. You can benefit from their wisdom as they can learn from you. A career transitions group, comprised of fellow students, will learn about:
- Study skills
- Time management
- Stress managment
- Group support from fellow students
- Resume writing and interview skills
- Career coaching
In the Career Transitions Class:
Explore career interests and abilities using a variety of inventories.
Learn interpersonal communication skills for the world of work.
Improve interview skills and resume writing.
Set work-related career goals
Participate in lively discussions and activities
for more information veiw our brochure here.
Career Transitions Optional Orientation
Another orientation will be September 25th Although, this orientation is free, please call 566-3214 to register or to inquire about more information. This one hour orientation can help you determine if the Career Transition class is right for you.
Career Transitions Classes Will Be Held:
The classes will be held on four consecutive Saturdays in the fall 2014 semester.
Oct. 4, 11, 18, 24.
All classes will meet from 9am-1pm.
$41.75 for this one credit class (as a New Mexico resident, under age 65) plus $10 materials fee
$5.75 for this one credit class (as a New Mexico resident, over age of 65) plus $10 materials fee
For more information on the study group, orientation, or classes contact the Transition Center Coordinator,Jeanne Kofron, at 566-3195 or email@example.com
The world needs you!