There are 3 ways to submit a report:
- Call (505) 566-3020
- Email email@example.com
- Click on the blue diamond to the right
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
This form is for non-emergency situations and for documentation after 911 has been called.
Please make a report if you encounter a individual of concern whose behavior interferes with academic instruction and/or is perceived as a safety concern to students, staff, or property.
Warning Signs, Protocol and Guidelines
For those dealing with students who appear distressed, several protocols or guidelines have been developed.
Please view the videos below to learn more about warning signs.
What is the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)?
The San Juan College Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) has been created to provide caring, preventive, early intervention with individuals whose behaviors is disruptive or concerning. The Behavioral Intervention Team is an interdisciplinary committee of College officials who meet biweekly and as needed.
Educate the campus community about behaviors of concern and reporting procedures.A few of the core purposes of the BIT include these:
- Provide consultation and support to students, faculty, staff, and administration in assisting individuals who display concerning or disruptive behaviors.
- Serve as the central point of contact for reporting behavior that deviates from an established baseline
- Triage reports – identifying patterns of aberrant behaviors that might suggest the need for an intervention.
- Assess level of threat and level of risk.
- Follow a formalized protocol of instructions for communication, coordination, and intervention.
- Assess long-term success of interventions.
- Stacey Allen, Assistant Director, Human Resources; Title IX Coordinator
- Jon Betz, Director of Enrollment services
- Clay Calkins, Public Safety Manager
- Deadra DeHerrera, SJCHS Counselor
- Christy Ferrato, Director of Advising and Counseling
- Taylor Haskell, LPCC, Counselor, BIT Chair
- Kenny Hibner, Director of Public Safety
- Sara Holiday, Victim Advocate, FPD
- Rebecca Loev, LCSW, Achievement Coach Coordinator
- Martin Olson, School Resource Officer, FPD
- Laura Pate, Coordinator of Disabilities Services
- Nileta T. Pioche, Coordinator of the Social Norms Alcohol Prevention Program
- Tanisha Sam, Academic Advisor
- Jenniffer Valora, Interim Senior Director of Student Success
- David Wesch, Adjunct Instructor