2018 CyberCon Conference
Wednesday, February 21st
Business & Industry Day
Thursday, February 22nd
Henderson Fine Arts Center, San Juan College
Farmington, New Mexico
Topics at Cybercon 2018 will include cyber security resiliency, identity protection, critical infrastructure protection, and education in cybersecurity. In addition, experts in industry specific areas will present on cybersecurity for oil and gas, health care systems, electric utilities, the media, and education.
The event is sponsored by San Juan College’s Center for Workforce Development. CyberCon 2018 is free but participants must register at Eventbrite.com as seating is limited.
Business and Industry Day- Wednesday, February 21st
8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
The conference kicks off with opening keynote speaker Richard Hammer on “Hardening Your Identity.” Hammer is a research and development scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory and a senior cyber security engineer.
Keynote Lunch speaker is Matthew Henderson, Intelligence Analyst, FBI Albuquerque Field Office.
Speakers and Presentation include:
- Cyber Threats Pinging New Mexico by Mathew Henderson, FBI Intelligence
- Hardening Your Identity by Richard Hammer, Los Alamos Laboratories
- Creating the Next Generation of Cyber Professionals by Sheri Rawlings
- You’ve Been Breached! What’s Your Plan? by Daniel Ziesmer
- How to Develop a Cyber Risk Management Strategy by Jeff Hughes
- Cybersecurity in the Workplace- IT’s Everyone’s Business by Mark Fidel
- Organizational Resilience: Cybersecurity Risk Management by Lewis Campbell
- Cyber THrea Intelligence Awareness, Electric Utilities by Linda Jacobson-Quin
Youth Day- Thursday, February 22nd
9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The second day, February 22, will focus on Youth. This will be a hands-on educational day for middle and high school students. Speakers from the previous day will introduce topics including careers in cybersecurity, Patriot Games, and social media security. There also will be an opportunity to form Cybersecurity Clubs so that students may continue to learn about cybersecurity.