PTA Advisory Board Meeting
April 16, 2008
Present: Wendy Bircher, Barbara Christensen, Kim Noyes, Amy Cooper, Sue Clay, Regina Scheffing, Debby Hibner, Alicia Souvignier
Next Meeting: July 16, 2008, PTA Lab Room #55333
· Previous PTA Advisory Board Meeting Minutes are now available on the PTA Program website: www.sanjuancollege.edu/pta
II. Old Business:
· Continued additions to library to supplement material for licensing exams.
· Review of budgets for online and on-campus programs with April 21 deadline.
III. New Business:
· Eight students from the on-campus class of 2007 have taken the exam and one has not passed and will re-take exam. (88% pass rate for this class).
· Seven students from the online class of 2007 are in the process of registering to take exam. All are planning to attend graduation this coming spring. Three students have taken the exam and passed.
· Of the six students from the on-campus class of 2008, no student is on a formal POA. All students will graduate on May 10, 2008.
· Of the five students from the online class of 2008, one student is on a formal POA.
· On-Campus class of 2009 (7) students – four males, three females. One student was dismissed due to failure to meet his goals outlined on the formal POA and for failing to meet the overriding statement as outlined in the student handbook.
· Online class of 2009 (19) – two males, seventeen females (NM, MI, TX, CO AZ, WY, CA, Canada). One is on a formal POA.
· Active applications for August 2008 for online program = 70; on-campus program = 35
· Continue to receive multiple job offers for our graduates every week with salaries ranging from $32,000 to $55,000.
· Self-Study report is due April 1, 2009.
· On-site visit will be in July 2009.
· Annual accreditation report is due October 1, 2008.
· Review by advisory board of program policies and procedures and accreditation guidelines in preparation for the self-study.
IV. Upcoming Workshops:
· Stabilization for PTA’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the general concepts of the PTA MACS for 6.0 CEU’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the specific skills of the PTA MACS for 4.0 CEU’s
Wendy D Bircher, PT. EdD. 05/08/2008
PTA Program Director Date