PTA Advisory Board Meeting
July 16, 2008
Present: Wendy Bircher, Amy Cooper, Jackie Underwood, Don Blackburn, Brittney Norman
Next Meeting: January 14, 2009 PTA Lab Room #55333
· Previous PTA Advisory Board Meeting Minutes are now available on the PTA Program website: www.sanjuancollege.edu/pta
II. Old Business:
· Continued additions to library to supplement material for licensing exams.
· Review of budgets for online and on-campus programs.
III. New Business:
· Eight students from the on-campus class of 2007 have taken the exam and one has not passed and will re-take exam. (88% pass rate for this class).
· Seven students from the online class of 2007 are in the process of registering to take exam. Five have taken and passed the exam.
· Online Class of 2008 has begun full-time clinical rotations.
· On-Campus class of 2009 (7) students – four males, three females.
· Online class of 2009 (19) – two males, seventeen females (NM, MI, TX, CO AZ, WY, CA, Canada).
· Class of On-Campus 2010 has 14 students and Online has 39 students in 2 online classes
· Continue to receive multiple job offers for our graduates every week with salaries ranging from $32,000 to $55,000.
· Self-Study report is due April 1, 2009.
· On-site visit will be in July 2009.
· Annual accreditation report is due December, 2008.
· Review by advisory board of program policies and procedures and accreditation guidelines in preparation for the self-study.
· We have 4 full-time instructors and 2 adjunct faculty for the Fall semester
IV. Upcoming Workshops:
· Stabilization for PTA’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the general concepts of the PTA MACS for 6.0 CEU’s
· Free Power Point Presentation on the specific skills of the PTA MACS for 4.0 CEU’s
Wendy D Bircher, PT. EdD. 09/30/2008
PTA Program Director Date