Free Tax Preparation
January 18, 2019 – April 13, 2019
Fridays – 12-6pm and Saturdays 9-3pm
San Juan College School of Business and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) have partnered to assist those with low to moderate income prepare their tax returns, free of charge. IRS certified volunteers will prepare 2018 taxes and file them electronically.
Documents you are required to bring:
- Valid photo identification for you and your spouse
- Social Security cards or ITINs for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- All forms – W-2 and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for all forms of income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to day care providers and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund – proof of account and bank’s routing number.
- WebAdvisor statements for each semester- Only for San Juan College Students
How does the 3-Step process work?
Those utilizing the services may choose to stay while tax preparers complete the tax returns, or drop off your information (following Step 1 interview process) and pick the forms up after prepares have completed the returns.
- You will undergo a short interview. The tax preparers will determine whether you have all the documents and information needed to prepare your return. Valid photo IDs, and Social Security Numbers (or ITNs) will be verified. Any questions or concerns you have can be addressed before your return is started.
- Your return will be prepared based on the information that you have provided our staff. You are encouraged to ask questions and be involved in the process.
- Your return will be viewed by an IRS Certified Volunteer to verify that all information has been entered correctly. A copy of your return will be printed out for your records. Your signature(s) will be required and your return will be electronically filed. And your process is complete!
For more information about Four Corners Tax Help and additional services:
Phone: 505-566-3314 (please leave a message)
Summer tax services offered -by appointment only.
To make an appointment call (505) 566-3314.
Prior year return filing
*Please note: Four Corners Tax Help volunteers will prepare your Tax Return based on the information YOU provide. Please be advised that you are ultimately responsible for the information on your Tax Return.
To prepare your own Tax Return visit myfreetaxes.com