San Juan College Work-Study
SAN JUAN COLLEGE (SJC) STUDENT EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
The student employment program is a financial aid program that provides eligible San Juan College students an opportunity to offset their cost of attendance by earning money through part-time employment at the college or at an approved off-campus community service worksite.
WORK-STUDY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for work-study employment students must:
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process for the academic year in which student employment is being sought, and must have a complete and up-to-date ISIR (Institutional Student Information Report) on file in the Financial Aid Office.
- Be enrolled in, and pursuing a San Juan College financial aid eligible program of study.
- Meet San Juan College’s Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. SAP requirements, including:
- Enrolled in and making progress toward graduation from a San Juan College Financial Aid approved program of study.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (some student worker positions may require a higher cumulative grade point average for employment).
- Maintain a Cumulative Course Completion Rate of at least 67%.
- Complete their declared program of study within 150% of the credits required for program completion.
- Be enrolled in, and remain enrolled in, at least six credits that apply toward graduation from a declared San Juan College program of study during the semester in which student employment is awarded.
- Not be employed at the college as a regular San Juan College employee.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
After completing the financial aid application process, and meeting the above mentioned student employment eligibility requirements, eligible student employment applicants must:
- Download, print, and complete the Request for Student Employment form
- Download and print a program evaluation (available on WebAdvisor) for your program of study, and
- Deliver the documents to the Financial Aid Office for processing.
The Financial Aid Office will verify that applicants meet student employment eligibility requirements and notify San Juan College’s Center for Student Careers and Employment of applicants that are interested in student employment. The Center for Student Careers and Employment will contact eligible applicants with the next steps involved in the Student Employment Hiring Process.
Additional Work Study timesheets, payroll and termination information can be found on bottom of the Student portal page at https://mysjc.sanjuancollege.edu/students