Policies and Procedures
1. The SJC Testing Center hours are:
From Memorial Day to Labor Day - Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, with extended hours on Thursday 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM;
From Labor Day to Memorial Day - Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, with extended hours on Thursday 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM.
You must arrive early enough to complete your testing by closing.
2. You must show Photo I.D. before being given any test. Your driver’s license, passport or other government issued Photo I.D. are acceptable forms. Please don’t ask us to make any exceptions. Many tests require two forms of I.D. Current student ID’s are acceptable only for SJC student exams, NOT national exams.
3. Books and backpacks must be stowed in a locker, along with the items listed in numbers 4, 5, and 6.
4. Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing rooms; this includes pagers, portable stereos, flash drives, MP3 players, radios, headphones, cameras and watches.
5. Hats, sunglasses and jackets are not allowed.
6. Weapons (such as leatherman type tools, knives, guns, etc.) are prohibited in the Testing Center.
7. Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed in the testing room.
8. If scratch paper is authorized by your exam, we will supply scratch paper. All scratch paper—used and unused—must be turned in with the exam. We will provide writing utensils, if required.
9. We cannot assist in your instruction. Please do not ask us to review test answers. This not only compromises the security of the test, but slows down the process for everyone else.
10. Only people who are taking a test are allowed in our testing room. The SJC Testing Center staff cannot be responsible for children or adults who require care and supervision. Do not expect family members and others to wait for you in our waiting area.