environmental health and safety & risk management (EHSRM)
Contract, Agreement, MOA, MOU, etc. Signature Authority
The President is the primary signature authority for San Juan College; therefore all contracts (agreements, memo's of understanding, joint powers of agreement, etc.) that bind San Juan College require the president’s (or a designated appointee’s) signature.
The President appointed the Deans (or a designated appointee) of the Schools of Health Sciences and Trades & Technology to sign student clinical or practicum experience agreements on her behalf however, all other contracts that bind the college must be signed by the president (or a designated appointee.)
Many times, the contracting parties (agency, business, school district, etc.) have preferred contract formats and, generally, these formats are acceptable. If unsure, please email copies or drafts to EHSRM for preliminary reviews. The college can not accept additional insure, indemnification or hold harmless language and this language is normally cross out by EHSRM during reviews. If contracting parties do not have preferred contract formats, please contact EHSRM for the college's format.
Please follow these steps to prepare contracts for final college signature. Plan accordingly and allow a minimum of seven business days for EHSRM to review, obtain official signatures, and return the final signed contracts to the originating departments.
Prior to submitting contracts to EHSRM for final official college signature, follow these steps.
- Obtain one original of the entire contract (including all amendments, exhibits, etc.)
- The college contract program director/project manager must read and understand all of the terms and conditions as he/she is ultimately responsible for ensuring the college meets the contracts requirements.
- If the contract references exhibits, amendments, etc. or terms and conditions available online, obtain all of these items, read, and include (in page order) with the packet.
- The contract must reflect that it is with San Juan College, not specific college departments. If needed, department information can be included in subsequent sections.
- Complete all blanks. If needed, handwrite the information (start dates, department information, contact names, titles, etc.) except for the college signature authority -- ESHRM will complete that section but
- Flag all pages that require signature (or initials)
- Flag all pages that require a notary signature
- Go online to the college's portal website, into the Forms Library, click on the "Business Documents" link at the top of the webpage to access the Administrative Services/Business forms. Scroll down and click on the form titled "EHSRM Checklist for Contracts Agreements"
- Read the instructions and complete the required fields of the form,
- Please be sure to clearly explain (without department-specific acronyms or lingo) the purpose of the contract -- EHSRM needs to clearly understand why this contract is needed.
- If the contract includes any expenditures, enter the fourteen (14) digit account number(s) and corresponding dollar amount(s). If the contract will be split among more than four (4) accounts, please add the information on a separate page. Contracts that include expenditures must be reviewed by the Purchasing Office--see step 3.
- Obtain all required and conditional approvals, as appropriate, to the contract content. Contracts without proper conditional approvals and signatures will be returned.
- OTS - all contracts related to, or requiring, computer hardware or software (including web-based systems) telephone hardware or services or other technology.
- Physical Plant - all contracts related to, or requiring, infrastructure needs such as remodeling, plumbing or electrical modifications, large equipment installation, building enhancements, etc.
- Grants Development Office and Business Office - Restricted Funds - all contracts related to the use or acquisition of restricted (grant) funds.
- Purchasing - all contracts that include expenditures.
- Sign as contract program director/project manager.
- Submit to EHSRM a packet that includes
- One completed and signed coversheet form
- One complete (with all amendments, exhibits, etc.) original, in page order
Allow at least seven (7) working days for processing.
Once officially signed, EHSRM either
- Retains a fully-executed (all required signatures complete) electronic version for the college's records and returns the original to the originating department to return to the contracting agency or
- Retains a copy and returns the original to the originating department to obtain the contracting agency's signature.
- The department must follow-up and submit one fully-executed contract to EHSRM for the college's records.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Closed daily 12 noon - 1 pm for lunch