Program Admission Requirements and Selection
Admission to the medical technician program is selective. The following criteria is used in the selection process. Students must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a college minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Complete the prerequisite courses of Math 115, Chem 110, Chem 210, Biol 252, Biol 253, Biol 224 with a minimum grade of C, and complete MLTS 120 and MLTS 160 with a minimum grade of B.
- Students are encouraged to finish as many of the General Education Requirements as possible before entering the major.
- Submit a completed application by the third Friday in October. Applications are available from the MLT Program Director or on line.
Entrance into the MLT program is competitive and applicants are ranked based on GPA in prerequisite courses (60%) paragraph (25%) and reference recommendations (15%). In keeping with the Community Mission of San Juan College, those applicants that meet Residency and/or Special Residency Status will be given 5% preference in the application process.
In addition to the required coursework and application, those selected for the clinical are also required to have the following completed forms on file with the program director.
- Physician statement of general health
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Acknowledgement of receipt of student handbook including technical standards
- Patient Confidentiality
- Dress Code Policy
How to Apply
MLT Student Handbook
For more information, please call Mary Doshi at (505) 566-3855.
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.