Admission into the program is highly competitive. The Respiratory Therapy Admissions Scoring Criteria will be used in the selection process.
A. Prerequisites: (45%)
- BIOL 121 - Introductory Biology I (4)
- CHEM 110 - Introductory Chemistry (4)
- MATH 114 - Math for Health Careers (3)*
- ENGL 111 - Freshman Composition (3)
- SPCH 110 - Public Speaking (3) OR SPCH 111 - Interpersonal Communications (3)
*Intermediate Algebra taken by an applicant before may be considered.
B. Admissions Test (20%)
Health Occupations Admission Test (HOAT) is the prescribed admissions test. Other tests would be considered such as TEAS or HOBET. Effective Fall 2010, the prescribed admissions test will be HOBET. Applicants who have earned an associate degree or higher are not required to take the admissions test.
C. Recommendations, Education and Training, CPR and Job Shadowing (35%)
D. Criminal Background Check, Immunization Record and Drug Screening
For more information, please call Paulette Stanley at (505) 566-3851.
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.