In the event of a spill or release:
- Report any spill or release to Campus Security (x 3333), Work Area Supervisor and Health and Safety Officer (x 3775).
- Evacuate the immediate area.
- Avoid contact with the spill, unless appropriate PPE is available and used.
- Control the spill to the level of your training. If untrained, do not expose yourself to the chemical/substance. Isolate the spill and leave it for qualified personnel.
In the event of a suspected exposure to a hazardous substance:
- Seek medical attention.
- Make a written report to your supervisor.
- Supervisors are to notify and copy Personnel and the Health and Safety Officer.
- All reports of exposure to chemical/hazardous substances must be kept on file for at least 30 years and made available to the employee.
Director of Environmental Health
4601 College Blvd.
Farmington, NM 87401
(505) 566-3063 or (505) 566-3190