Getting Started Checklist
PDF version of Getting Started Checklist.
- Submit your Application for Admission to San Juan College: Apply online for at: www.sanjuancollege.edu/apply. There is a 3-5 business day processing time for your Application.
- Get information on Financial Aid: It is recommended that all students complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This can be done by going to www.fafsa.gov. For any questions about Financial Aid you may call (505) 566-3323.
- Request Official Transcripts: from your high school/GED and from all colleges you have attended be sent to the Enrollment Services Office.
After receiving your acceptance letter by email or mail, do the following steps:
- Complete the Accuplacer: The Accuplacer tests you in Math, English and Reading to determine which level you need to begin in.
To schedule an exam appointment and complete the preregistration, go to the Testing Center webpage (www.sanjuancollege.edu/test ). In the blue box, click on ACCUPLACER. Take the Accuplacer on your scheduled test day/time at the SJC Testing Center, which is located in the Information Technology Center (Copper Top Building), RM 7120D. Contact the SJC Testing Center with any testing questions at 505-566-3139.
If you are unable to to come to campus for testing because you are a distance student, go to http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/DistanceAccuplacer for more information.
Students who may need testing accommodations or have questions about the Accuplacer requirement may contact the Advising & Counseling Center at 505-566-3526.
- Attend a New Student Orientation: Attending Orientation is required for all new degree seeking students before you may register for classes. Times and dates for NSO offerings are available through the Student Achievement Center at (505) 566-3378.
- SJC Username and Password: Username: You username will be listed on your San Juan College acceptance letter. Password: sjcp then the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- MySJC Portal Logon: MySJC is the San Juan College portal that connects you to the SJC community, to your SJC email, to your documents, and access WebAdvisor (used to register). To enter the portal, go to mysjc.sanjuancollege.edu. From there, follow the instructions to log on.
- Setup Student Email: Students are responsible for activating their student email and for checking emails on a consistent basis. Your email address will be listed on your acceptance letter. You can log in at http://outlook.com/my.sanjuancollege.edu.
Register for Courses:
- Register for your classes online at MySJC Portal. Registration dates are posted on the Academic Calendar.
- Pay your tuition: It is your responsibility to know the tuition deadlines. Please check the current schedule of courses for information concerning tuition dates and deadlines. Tuition can be paid by phone 505-566-3396, in person at the Business Office or online at webadvisor.sanjuancollege.edu
Before Attending Classes:
- Get your Student ID card at the Enrollment Services Office: Your first ID card is FREE. Replacement cards are $5.00. You will use your ID card for all transactions while you are a student at SJC. Note: Student ID cards are not available for Distance Learning students.
- Purchase textbooks: To find more information about purchasing your textbooks go to bookstore.sanjuancollege.edu
Other Helpful Tips:
- Download the SJC App! Go to your app store and search Ellucian. Download the app and then search for San Juan College within the app. You will need your username and password to access your information, like your course schedule.
- Online Classes are taught via Canvas
- Read the SJC Catalog: Know your rights and responsibilities as a SJC student and find information about programs, courses and policies. Available online at www.sanjuancollege.edu/catalog
Enrollment Services Office: 505-566-3545
Advising and Counseling Office: 505-566-3526
Business Office: 505-566-3396
Financial Aid Office: 505-566-3512
Computer Help Desk: 505-566-3266