In the Fall of 2011, San Juan College was awarded a grant of almost $2 million, spanning 5 years, that will be used to fund the Fast Forward program. This program builds infrastructure and services that empower Native American students to complete AA/AS degrees and successfully transfer to four-year institutions. While this program is designed around the strengths of Native students, it is open to all students enrolled at SJC.
- Improve degree completion for Native American AA/AS students
- Improve transfer rates for SJC students
- Improve course success rates in key AA/AS disciplines
- Expand capacity for San Juan College to better serve Native American AA/AS students
- Improve the ability of SJC personnel to collect, analyze and utilize student data to better serve Native American students
The Fast Forward staff report through the Senior Director of the Student Success Center, Dr. Michaele Brandon, who is also the principal investigator for the grant.
Please visit the Transfer Center to view how the Fast Forward Program objectives are being carried out.
This program is funded through a U.S. Department of Education TITLE III NASNTI grant - %100 funded for five years.