Returning Veteran Student

If you are continuing your studies at San Juan College and want to use your G.I. Bill benefits, complete the following steps.

  1. Submit a copy of your Benefits Certification for Returning Veteran Students Form.  This is used to update your enrollment status and contact information.

  2. Submit a copy of Course Schedule.  Remember, you can only receive benefits for courses that apply to your program of study and required for your degree.  (Also approved remedial courses and pre-requisites.)  It is your responsibility to know which classes are required. If you have changed your major you must notify our office as well as make an official change of major request with the Enrollment Services Office.

  3. Submit a copy of your Program Evaluation. Your Program Evaluation provides you with a review of your progress toward graduation.  It shows you what classes you have completed, what classes you are currently registered to attend, and what classes are needed to graduate.  You can review your Program Evaluation through MySJC Portal.

Other Student Responsibilities

  • All schedules must be reviewed by the Veteran Center/VA Certifying Official each term before benefits will be provided.
  • The VA will ONLY pay for courses that are required for your program. Courses previously completed with a passing grade, unapproved electives or optional courses cannot be certified.
  • The student is responsible for notifying the Veteran Center/VA Certifying Official of any and all changes to contact information, course schedule or program of study.

San Juan Colleges makes considerable effort to monitor enrollment status but final responsibility for
informing the school of changes that affect your eligibility rests on the student.

The VA and our office makes periodic compliance reviews to verify recipients are properly certified
for program requirements. Repayment of funds may be requested if it is discovered that
the student received benefits for courses they were no longer attending.