Thank you for making San Juan College part of your higher education goals. To assist you in reaching YOUR student success San Juan College has created many resources dedicated to student success. Online Academic Advising is your connection to these resources and the campus as an Online Student! Stay connected with your online advisor to ensure your success.
Online Academic Advising Connects You by:
- Clearly explaining SJC requirements, policies, and procedures
- Helping students define and develop realistic academic goals as related to career goals
- Assisting with academic planning
- Providing resources and referrals
- Answering questions and concerns
- Encouraging and supporting you as you gain skills and knowledge necessary for success
- Advocating for and supporting students and student success
San Juan College Online Programs
- Occupational Safety
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Health Information Technology
- Veterinary Technology
Associates of Arts
- Liberal Arts
- Business Administration
- Certificate Creative Writing
Eligibility Criteria for Online Advising Services
If you meet any of the criteria listed below, then you are eligible for Online Advising. If you have any questions or have extenuating circumstances, please email the Advising Center
- Students pursuing an entirely online program
- If you are enrolled in the Occupational Safety, Physical Therapy Assistant, Health Information Technology, and Veterinary Technology, please see your specialized academic advisor below.
- Students who are taking only online courses
- A student who is dual enrolled at another institution while taking courses at San Juan College.
Please note, local students taking an online curse while also taking classroom course still need to meet in person with their assigned advisor on campus.
Steps for Online Advising
- Complete San Juan College admission process up to the advising step.
- Email the Advising Center to be assigned an advisor
- Include your full name
- Your SJC ID number (if you have one)
- Major at SJC if declared
- Any pre-planned courses you are considering
- Your student status (full-time or part-time)
- Any questions you may have
- You will receive an email identifying your advisor and an appointment time.
Helpful Tips for Online Students
Student Academic Planning Tutorial
Do you remember how to register with the NEW Student Academic Planning Tool? Here is a great video as a refresher, or if you are new to registering with Student Academic Planning here is a video to walk you through the steps!