Four Corners Tax Help, a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, was created in 2016 when San Juan College was awarded the IRS VITA Grant.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers free tax help moderate and low income taxpayers, persons with disabilities, San Juan College students and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance.
Assistant Professor of Accounting, Katherine Elliott and recent San Juan College Accounting graduate, Carol Hrebin, assisted the community with current year, prior year and amended returns last spring and secured over $1.9 million in federal and state refunds. These services are provided to the community at no charge. Electronic filing is also offered free of charge.
- Valid photo identification for you and your spouse
- Social Security cards or ITINs for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- All forms – W-2 and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for all forms of income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to day care providers and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund – proof of account and bank’s routing number.
- WebAdvisor statements for each semester- Only for San Juan College Students
A free drop-off tax preparation service is also available and encouraged for added convenience during open hours only.
The hours will be on Fridays from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The walk-in clinic is located at San Juan College’s Quality Center for Business at 5101 College Boulevard.
For more information about Four Corners Tax Help, visit www.sanjuancollege.edu/fourcornerstaxhelp or call 505-566-3314 and leave a message.