The Employees’ Associations at San Juan College have collaborated during the 2022-2023 academic year with great success.
Throughout the year, the leadership for Support Staff Association (SSA) Mike Offutt and Jordan Cepeda; Professional Staff Association (PSA) Wil John and Meghan Kattner; and Faculty Association (FA) Kris Kraly and Karen Krob met to discuss ways to work together for the good of all employees at the college.
These are a few of our joint ventures (or should we say adventures):
- Fall convocation, we had a taco bar luncheon with opportunities to meet different employees at the college and get to know each other better. The association leaders each addressed the lunch-bunch.
- In October, we held the First Annual Salsa Fest, with spicy fun for more than 100 employees who dropped by to taste and vote for their favorite salsa entries.
- In December, as part of the Holiday Wish for SJC Families Project, we collected gifts and food donations for SJC employees who faced difficult times during the holidays.
- During the spring, we have collected donations to assist the Street Medicine Program’s outreach with the homeless in our community. During February, we donated sleeping bags and winter clothing; in February and March, we provided brown-bag lunches for over 60 individuals.
- In April, we hosted the First Annual Baking Fest, which represented the best sweet and savory baked goods from across campus.
Though our associations represent the interests of employees in different positions at the College, we know we have more in common in our commitment to making San Juan College the best place for our students and our fellow co-workers.
October 11, 2023
May 2, 2023
May 2, 2023